(This Policy was last modified on November 14, 2020.)
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Privacy, c/o Escalet Inc., 1800, Sutter St., Suite 340, Concord, California, 94520.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We offer several services that require you to register for an account and provide personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for an Escalet account or other Escalet service or promotion that requires registration, we may ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we will request credit card or other payment account information. In the event that credit card and payment information is stored on our servers, in order to facilitate batch processing for our customers, that information will be saved in an encrypted format. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Escalet services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information - When you use Escalet services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or user session information.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Escalet, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites - We may offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Escalet in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links - Escalet may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Escalet processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as affiliate/customer sites that use the Escalet services.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Escalet may not be able to provide those services to you.
Escalet only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Escalet in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Escalet, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Escalet employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Escalet processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Escalet services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information.
Escalet regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Escalet's treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Escalet Inc., 1800 , Sutter St., Suite 340, Concord, California, 94520, Attn: Privacy. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Escalet's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Escalet and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Escalet Inc., 1800, Sutter St., Suite 340, Concord, California, 94520, Attn: Privacy